Wool2Ewe – wool program
Wool2Ewe is a comprehensive wool education program designed to generate awareness among children about the benefits of wool and local sustainable fibres. The program includes a colourful display box for classrooms containing fun, educational and creative resources, making it easy for teachers to integrate wool education into their curriculum.
The aim of the program is to
- generate awareness among children about the benefits of wool and local sustainable fibres
- Encourage pupils to be conscious creatives, creating art with sustainable resources
- Increase levels of collaboration between the school community and wool crafters and business
- Support the implementation of Ireland’s 2nd National Strategy on Education for Sustainable Development – ESD to 2030
Who is the program for?
This programme is open to schools who are interested in finding out about the properties of wool and benefits on our planet, why wool is important to climate change: create less waste, use more sustainable materials, explore farm to fabric and investigate wool. We encourage those who are passionate about creating change!
Wool2Ewe ™ is perfect for all Primary Schools as it links in with the prima
ry curriculum. Supporting the Social, Environmental and Scientific Education (SESE). Wool2Ewe ™ also supports the Arts Education, Visual arts curriculum and the Fabric and Fibre strand of the Irish Art Curriculum.
Suitable from 1st class up to 6th class children. (ages 7 – 12)
What is involved in the program?
The programme is divided into 6 areas offering learning about wool and associated activities.
- What is wool and its sustainability
- Wool uses
- Sheep and History of wool in Ireland
- Fun facts and research
- Classroom activities and scientific thinking
- Creative Arts
Children will be encouraged to explore wool properties and benefits while also investigating the Wool2Ewe education box offering a hands on experience for all learners.